Updated August 10, 2021
Your privacy is important to us.
The Right to Know
Collection of Personal Information
“Personal Information” is information that can be used to identify you as an individual, either alone or taken with other information we collect. Over the course of providing you the services, we may ask for:
- Contact information such as your name, and email address;
- Employment information such as your company name, your title, and other company details including address and phone number;
- Financial information such as your billing information; and
- Location information including your address, IP address, and location data
We collect this information in order to provide our services to you, generally directly from you. We may request the information specifically, or we may collect it through your engagement with certain aspects of our services such as message boards or forums. We do not collect the content of such messages, but we may collect information about the message senders and recipients in order to improve our services. We do not sell or otherwise dispose of your data, though we may transfer it to certain third parties as outlined below.
The lawful basis for our collection of your information is listed below. Where we collect information with your consent (evidenced by your direct provision of the information to us), you can revoke that consent at any time.
- Contact Information Necessary in order to perform our contract with you
- Employment Information It is in our legitimate business interest to collect information about the types of company using our services. We also use this information to connect individual accounts to their organization and We only collect this information with your consent
- Financial Information Necessary in order to perform our contract with you (for billing activities)
- Location Information This is automatically collected and used for analytical purposes. Your address is collected in order to perform our contract with you (for billing purposes), and your IP address and location data is anonymized/not used to personally identify you.
If you interact with a third party service when using our services, such as if you use Facebook or Google to log-in, or if you share content from our services through a third party service through an integration, we may receive additional Personal Information about you. We only request information as set out above, and we use this information for our legitimate business interest of personalizing the services to improve your experience. We do not purchase or otherwise acquire any Personal Information about you without your knowledge.
Data Subject Rights Generally
As part of the services our customers are invited to upload photos, which may include photos of the homes or other private areas of their clients. If you feel that photos of your personal space was uploaded to our app without your consent, please contact us and we will remove them as quickly as possible. Our customers promise that they have your permission to upload these photos and that the photos won’t include any personal information about their customers, but we do not actively monitor uploaded photos to check for personal information included in them. Please see the “Your Rights to Your Personal Information” section below for more details about your rights in information that is about you.
Collection from Third Party Sources
We receive information about you from other users, from third party services, and from our business and channel partners.
Other users of the services
Other users of our services may provide information about you when they submit content through the services. For example, you may be mentioned by someone else on a task, or a team member may upload content about you to CompanyCam. We also receive your email address from other users when they provide it in order to invite you to the services. Similarly, an administrator may provide your contact information when they designate you as another administrator for a task, team or an organizational account.
Other services you link to your account:
We receive information about you and your activities on and off the services from third-party partners, such as advertising and market research partners who provide us with information about your interest in, and engagement with, our services and online advertisements.
You are encouraged to use the links below to check out the privacy policies of our third party vendors. We do not transfer any information to these vendors, it is collected by their tools when you visit our website and use our services.
Collection of Nonpersonal Information
Use of Personal Information
We do not sell your personal information. We only use it for our own legitimate business purposes, including certain marketing activities. You are free to object to any such processing at any time by contacting us at the address set out below, but if you choose to do so some of the functions of the services may no longer be available to you. Our uses include:
- providing you with products and services
- providing you with information about our products and services
- managing and improving our products, services, quality control, administration, communication and internal processes
- personalizing and customizing your experience with us
- verifying your identity
- granting you access to your account with us
- investigating any enquiries or complaints submitted by or about you; and/or
- complying with regulatory or legal obligations
- To protect us, our business, or our users (e.g. to enforce our terms of service and/or use, prevent spam, or investigate or protect against fraud)
- To maintain the security of our products
We do not share your personal information with third-parties, except where required by law, to protect our own rights, or to provide a service to you (see below).
We will only retain personal information for as long as necessary to provide you with a service.
Sharing Personal Information
- AWS (https://aws.amazon.com) – Primary hosting platform
- MongoDB (https://mongodb.com) – Cross-platform database
- Datadog (https://datadog.com) – Database & server monitoring service
- Honeybadger (https://honeybadger.io) – Platform performance machine. It receives extremely limited personal data if any.
- Bugsnag (https://bugsnag.com) – Used for error monitoring. Receives little to no personal data.
- Scout (https://scoutapm.com) – Application monitor. Processes technical data related to queries.
- Pusher (https://pusher.com) – Application monitoring. Receives technical and visit usage information related to use of our application and website.
- Stripe (https://stripe.com) – Payments processor.
- Delighted (https://delighted.com) – Feedback solicitor. Collects personal information on our behalf in the form of feedback from our customers.
- MailChimp (https://mailchimp.com) – Email & Marketing Service. We provide Mailchimp with personal information so we can communicate with you in accordance with this Policy.
- Marketo (www.marketo.com) – B2B Marketing Service. We provide Marketo with business information so we can communicate with our customers
- Salesforce (www.salesforce.com) – Our main Customer Relationship Management software (CRM). Used as a database of information related to our customers.
We also may be required to disclose an individual’s personal information in response to a lawful request by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
We use “cookies” to collect information about you and your activity across our site. A cookie is a small piece of data that our website stores on your computer, and accesses each time you visit so we can understand how you use our site and serve you content based on preferences you have specified.
Types of cookies and how we use them
Essential cookies are crucial to your experience of a website, enabling core features like user logins, account management, shopping carts and payment processing. We use essential cookies to enable certain functions on our website.
Performance cookies are used in the tracking of how you use a website during your visit, without collecting personal information about you. Typically, this information is anonymous and aggregated with information tracked across all site users, to help companies understand visitor usage patterns, identify and diagnose problems or errors their users may encounter, and make better strategic decisions in improving their audience’s overall website experience. These cookies may be set by the website you’re visiting (first-party) or by third-party services. We use performance cookies on our site.
Functionality cookies are used in collecting information about your device and any settings you may configure on the website you’re visiting (like language and time-zone settings). With this information, websites can provide you with customized, enhanced or optimized content and services. These cookies may be set by the website you’re visiting (first-party) or by third-party service. We use functionality cookies for selected features on our site.
Targeting/advertising cookies are used in determining what promotional content is more relevant and appropriate to you and your interests. Websites may use them to deliver targeted advertising or to limit the number of times you see an advertisement. This helps companies improve the effectiveness of their campaigns and the quality of content presented to you. These cookies may be set by the website you’re visiting (first-party) or by third-party services. Targeting/advertising cookies set by third-parties may be used to track you on other websites that use the same third-party service. We use targeting/advertising cookies on our site.
Third-party cookies on our site
Your Rights to Your Personal Information
We believe in your personal rights to your Personal Information. Therefore, we honor and recognize the following rights that you have over such information:
The right to know –
The right to opt-out of the sale of your data –
We do not sell your data at any time, so there’s no need for you to opt out.
The right to be forgotten –
You can request that we delete all or some of your data from our systems.
The right to withdraw consent –
If we are processing your Personal Information based on your consent (as indicated at the time of collection of such data), you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Please note, however, that if you exercise this right, you may have to then provide express consent on a case-by-case basis for the use or disclosure of certain of your Personal Information, if such use or disclosure is necessary to enable you to utilize some or all of our services.
The right to object –
You can contact us to let us know that you object to the further use or disclosure of your Personal Information for certain purposes, such as for direct marketing purposes.
The right to restrict processing –
You can ask us to restrict further processing of your Personal Information
The right to correct –
You can request that we correct any Personal Information we hold about you that may be incorrect or incomplete
The right to access –
You can request more information about the information we have about you and can request a copy of that data by contacting us at the contact information set out below.
If you live in the EU, you also have the right to file a complaint about our data practices with the supervisory authority in your country or EU member state.
California Privacy Rights
California consumers may make a request pursuant to their rights under the CCPA by contacting us using the contact information below. Upon receiving a request, we will verify your request using the information associated with the services, including your email address. Government identification may be required. Consumer can also designate an authorized agent to exercise these rights on the consumer’s behalf.
If we or our assets are acquired, or in the unlikely event that we go out of business or enter bankruptcy, we would include user information among our assets transferred to or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any parties who acquire us may continue to use your personal information according to this policy.
We take security seriously and do what we can within commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information from loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification. That said, we advise that no method of electronic transmission or storage is 100% secure, and cannot guarantee the absolute security of your data.
Links to Other Sites
350 Canopy Street, Suite 230, Lincoln, NE 68508.
Our Data Protection Officer is Chad Wilken, and he can be reached at the above email address.
Sign up for a free account.
Get your team up and running in less than 3 minutes.
No credit card required Available on iOS, Android, and Web