Michael sat down with Bill Combes of No Time for Social to discuss all things digital marketing. In today’s world, it’s not enough to just do great work — you also have to be utilizing smart marketing strategies to get you in front of the customers you want to reach.
Bill and Michael cover a ton of ground in this webinar, so be sure to watch it in full here. Below we put together the 8 core disciplines of modern digital marketing for you to familiarize yourself with. Is your business proficient in these areas?
What is No Time for Social: Founded in 2014, No Time for Social is a digital marketing agency specializing Facebook and Instagram advertising. NTFS works with industries all across the board, including construction and contracting..
What is CompanyCam: Founded in 2014, CompanyCam is a photo-based solution created for contractors, by contractors. Users can take unlimited photos — which are location and time stamped, sent to the cloud, and stored securely. Every photo is organized by project and instantly available to your team, allowing you to see what’s going on anytime, anywhere. With CompanyCam you can work smarter, avoid costly mistakes and get paid faster.
The 8 Critical Core Disciplines of Modern Digital Marketing:
- Strategy & Conversion Funnels — These are funnels that bring folks into your marketing network and take them from being unfamiliar with your brand or company to a satisfied paying customers.
- Content Marketing — This involves writing and curating content to push out whether its on your website through a blog or sharing on social media. Sharing useful content to potential customers is a great way to provide value.
- Paid Traffic & Customer Acquisition — Here is where advertisements come into play. To get paid traffic to your website, you’ll need to be spending on Google, Facebook, and other digital platforms.
- Email Marketing — Email marketing can take a variety of forms. You can use email to reach out to previous customers to follow up on their experience, you could be running an email newsletter that informs subscribers on relevant issues, or you could be sending out cold emails to potential customers.
- Social & Community Management — This is where all your social media pages come in. Pushing out content to your social platforms is one thing, but ensuring that the community aspect of your social pages is maintained and engaging with followers is huge.
- Search Marketing — Search marketing is incredibly important. It dictates how far up the Google page your website ranks when someone searches for your services. SEO, SEM, and backend website development play a huge role here.
- Marketing Analytics & Data Science — You should be looking back at your website and Google analytics on a regular basis to see areas you can capitalize on, pages that get the most traffic, and where you’re losing visitors.
- Testing & Conversion Rate Optimization — The final step is to analyze how your digital marketing process is working. Are the leads that are coming to your site converting into new customers, or are they falling flat? Testing new methods is crucial in the digital space, since everything is changing so rapidly. Be sure you’re staying on top of your performance.
Beyond these 8 core disciplines, Bill dives into creating a customer value journey, how to use Facebook and Facebook ads to grow your business, optimizing all your digital strategies, and so much more.
Check out the full webinar here and Special thanks to Bill Combes and No Time for Social for collaborating with us on this webinar.
We host webinars with our partners and other industry experts twice a month, so keep an eye out for announcements on how to register over on our Facebook page.