Door to door sales is a hallmark of many different industries – and it’s provided so many businesses with a ton of success! But, when the world is changing around us how do we adapt our sales strategies and keep the jobs coming?
Michael Gogan is joined by CompanyCam’s Nick Small, Head of Customer Acquisition and our resident digital marketing expert, and Joseph Hughes of Contractor Dynamics, a marketing agency focused solely on helping roofing companies succeed.
During their conversation they covered a wide array of topics, walked us through the Facebook Ads Manager platform, and gave a ton of great insight into why digital marketing is so crucial – especially during this period of social distancing. You can watch the full webinar here, and we’ll cover the highlights below!
You can view all of our COVID-19 resources here.
First, digital marketing should be added to your mix of advertising – not completely replace it. If you’ve seen success with radio ads, yard signs, door hangers, and door knocking don’t abandon those methods! Simply add a digital element into the mix and see what comes of it.
Especially during a time of limited face to face interaction, digital advertising is a great way to keep your brand and your business in front of consumers even when you can’t be in front of them.
Some key things to note:
- Document, don’t create. This means that you don’t have to rack your brain or break the bank to come up with content to post to your social media or use in your digital ads. Most of the time, simply documenting the work you do, how you do it, and the folks who do it is all you need! There’s undoubtedly a great deal of people who are unfamiliar with your process, the steps that need to be taken, and even the equipment used that would love to get a glimpse of how your company does business. Documenting your work instead of trying to create new content is a great way to get your brand out there.
- Put a spend behind your posts. If you’re not quite ready to dive head first into the ads platform on something like Facebook, try boosting posts. When you’re posting photos, videos, or customer testimonials to your company Facebook page try boosting them! Adding a spend behind your posts allows you to target individuals more directly and get your name in front of more people.
- Consistency is key. Digital marketing isn’t something you can try once and cross it off the list as a success or failure, you have to give it time. The most content you push out, the more spend you put behind things, and the more comfortable you get with the platform will do you immense favors when it comes to return on your investment. CompanyCam started running digital ads back in 2017 and we haven’t looked back! We’ve seen such success with this method that we continue to put more and more spend behind it year over year. Don’t give up after a couple months if you’re not seeing the results you hoped for, stick with it and you’ll be happy you did!
- Build trust in creative ways. When you’re door knocking and having face to face conversations with homeowners, it’s easy to build camaraderie and trust. So, how do you do that digitally? Get your face out there! It’s widely known that video posts perform significantly better than other types of posts on Facebook (about 8x more engagement is seen on video posts). Capitalize on that! Shoot selfie style videos where you walk through your process, post a video about how your company is handling COVID-19 and the steps you’re taking to keep folks safe, let folks know about any specials offers or financing you may be doing, ask your past clients to shoot a selfie video about their experience with your company – just get your face out there! The most people see a face and a personality attached to your brand, the easier it will be to build that trust.
- Stick with it. Don’t kick digital to the curb after all this COVID-19 crap is over! Maybe you can afford to reduce your spend on digital once you can get back to door knocking, but don’t abandon it entirely. Digital marketing deserves a place in your advertising mix and you’ll continue to reap the benefits of getting your brand in front of people – no matter if it’s in a yard sign or in their Facebook feed.
Straying away from what you’re used to can be nerve-racking, but digital marketing is a worthwhile endeavor for your business. Spend this time you have on your hands to dive into something new, try new methods, and see where it takes you!
If you want to see a more in-depth look at the Facebook Ads Manager platform, how targeting works, and more be sure to check out the full webinar here. There’s a ton of great insight and knowledge shared that you don’t want to miss.