Video/Motion Graphics Editor
- Are you cool?
- Do you like working with people?
- Can you take ownership of a project without getting attached to it?
- Do you receive criticism well?
- Can you dish out criticism without being a complete dick?
- Do you have experience concepting, storyboarding, designing, and executing motion graphics content?
If you answered yes to all of the following, you may be our guy, or gal.
CompanyCam is looking for a Motion Graphics Designer to join our Marketing team. As our ideal team member, you will work closely with all others in our marketing department to generate video content to inspire our target demographic. You’ll bring your own opinions into the fold but you will do your best to get inside the heads of the core demographic to produce content that inspires them to action. Animation will play a role in many of mediums we create content for but you may be called on once in awhile to do things outside of animation. We put a high premium on being part of the team which means there will be things you work on that might require you to learn or expand your toolbelt. With that said, you will be responsible for developing and executing a variety of animation and motion graphics projects under the direction of the our Marketing Director – who is insanely cool and may or may not have written this job description. This role may also include recruiting and hiring others to formulate a video team in the future, so experience managing and directing a team is a huge plus.
- Broad background in art direction, design and copy that spans digital, illustration, and video work, and the ability to confidently create, evaluate, and re-direct when necessary.
- Create storyboards, video graphics and animation for a variety of digital projects.
- Work closely with graphic designers to incorporate design assets into motion graphics.
- In-depth knowledge of all steps required in the creative development process.
- Experience in social media video, including trends and what is most effective in that space.
- Excellent skills with design software, which will be used in the design and creative production process. This includes, but is not limited to, After Effects, Illustrator, Photoshop, Premiere. Expertise in Cinema 4D and Maya a plus.
Our office is located squarely in the Haymarket in Lincoln, NE. We have a laid back work environment and regular office hours of 8:30am – 5pm. We believe in a healthy work/life balance which means we very rarely ask you to take work home with you. Just have fun, bust your buns and be “on” the whole time you’re in the office and you’ll fit right in. We offer a $200 healthcare stipend to all of our full-time employees and a stipend for a new computer when you come work for us. Beyond all of that, we like to get to know the people we work with so we do regular company outings and order in pizza for lunch on Fridays. And best of all, we offer all of our employees free water! Yeah, I know. You’re welcome.
We’re a startup on a mission to create the most kick-ass camera app for contractors.
CompanyCam literally “creates extra time” in our customers day by automating the entire photo process. Every photo is organized automatically by address, stored securely in the cloud, and available instantly, anytime & anywhere.
Our team is responsive, fast-moving, and constantly improving the technology of CompanyCam. Construction and contracting companies across the US are using CompanyCam. We’re growing and it’s time to bring more talent around the table.
Wanna join us?