Full-Stack Rails Developer
CompanyCam is looking for a Full-stack Rails developer with at least 1 year experience with production Ruby on Rails, knowledge of React is optional but preferred. We primary use Ruby on Rails as our REST API for consumption by the mobile and web apps. Currently we only have one Rails developer and we are looking to bring in 1 more to help with the work load. At CompanyCam we deploy code several times a day to address issues and ship new features.
You should be passionate about your code. It should bother you if you write a bad piece of code just to hack something together. We would rather have something build properly and with the future in mind. Being the second addition to the backend team, you will help make decisions about code style, technologies, etc.
Technologies we use:
- Ruby on Rails 5
- Help maintain Ruby on Rails app.
- Design and implement new features from start to finish using Rails and React.
- Work with support team to investigate and resolve bugs reported by our customers.
- Write tests using MiniTest for your code. (Currently we don’t have much coverage but would like to improve).
- Participate in code reviews to help everyone grow and learn.
- Follow strict TDD approach to coding.
- Experience with front-end frameworks such as React (which is our framework of choice).
- Knowledge of server configuration and deployment tools such as Chef and Capistrano.
- Usage of PostGIS in any capacity.